When avoiding work, at work…
June 23, 2008
do a meme that other bloggers are doing!
Saw this on s i x o n e s e v e n and decided to plunge on in, too.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was about to turn 16 and working in small movie theater as a candy concession person. The summer actually turned out pretty awesome that year, since I made a whole host of new friends who lived around the theater and we did silly zany things. Alas, when the summer was done, we all parted ways since I didn’t go to the same high school as them and didn’t drive.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1. send laptop back to IBM to get fixed
2. buy toothpaste
3. put away clean laundry
4. go on a date with Kasy after work (weeee!)
5. sweep first floor of house (my cat is shedding her winter fur quite ferociously right now)
3) Snacks I enjoy:
soy ice cream, regular ice cream, smoothies, fresh fruit, popcorn, dark chocolate, cookies, cut up veggies
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Not work again
2. Pay off my school loan completely
3. Buy a large plot of land in Australia to have yurts, a small garden, and a few sheep
4. Give my parents some money
5. Finance my amazing bicycle tour for a long, long time
6. Live off the interest of my money for the rest of my life
5) Places I have lived:
New Rochelle, NY
New Brunswick, NJ
Philadelphia, PA (in Rittenhouse, West Philly, and now South Philly)
6) Jobs I have had:
Cashier at The Grand Union (ouch)
Movie theater candy concession
Shift manager at Starbucks (5 years man. yikes)
Floor manager at a vegetarian co-op
Server at a “nuevo-latino” restaurant
Receptionist at a different “nuevo-latino” restaurant
Office drone (currently)
If you’ve already done the meme, or if you tag yourself from this one, let me know so I can have a peek at your answers, too!