Happy October, Socktober, Socktoberfest…and Autumn!
October 6, 2009
Wow. This year is just flying by, isn’t it?
Things have been humming along, here at chez Knitting by Bicycle.
• Philadelphia almost closed the libraries and other essential services, in a rather anxious budget mess that was thankfully resolved at the 11th hour.
• Summer came to an abrupt close, ushering in changing leaves and crisper air.
• Philadelphia had its first Naked Bike Ride
• Kasy’s daughter turned the mighty age of 18. An apple pie was baked in her honor and a Silk kerchief scarf was knit and gifted.
• A silly trip to Linvilla Orchards, on our scooter, on a drizzly Saturday, to get some apples and have some fun.
• And the beginning of a month long adventure of socks. My main focus on socks, this month, will be to finally finish my Through the Loops Mystery Socks from 2008 as well as to cast on and complete the Mystery Socks of 2009. Join us, over in the Socktoberfest group and the Fans of Through the Loops group, both on Ravelry.
Oh. And I biked 150 miles for MS this past weekend. And Rhinebeck is very, very, very soon. Gosh, I love this month!