March 18 | Looking Up
March 19, 2010
Gosh, I thought that having a scheduled Friday theme would keep me on blogging track more, but life got busy over the past couple of weeks.
Now that there is a nice pause in the air, let me tell you about some things that I am particularly pleased with these days.
• Elinor‘s Socks Revived Sock Contest (rules here). I saw the post and signed up once the contest was open. I’m almost done writing up a pattern for socks inspired by my dearest Kasy (the resident expert on all things knee-sock, cabled sock, striped sock, and interesting sock). These socks are for him (that’s them early in the process in the photo above). I hope to get my pattern out to a few test knitters in the next week or so, and since I had promised Kasy knee-socks the 2nd version of the pattern will be instructions on knee-ifying the cabled crew (shaping, etc).
• The lovely weather that Philadelphia has been graced with. I know it will cool off soon, since…well…it is March, but the 65-70 degree days have been such a sweet taste of Spring/Summer after a long, snowy, winter.
• Kasy and I have been plugging away at the house renovations, and our dining room has an almost completed closet in it now. Once that is done, a built-in bookcase is next, followed by a closet (for me!) in our bedroom so we don’t have to share a teensy closet anymore, and some other things. Home renovations are being pushed into top priority right now, since we’ve slacked for a long while.
• The kindness of bloggy/knitting/international/ravelry friends. Michael had a call out for anyone with a camera to lend him, since his broke awhile back. Since I had upgraded to my Nikon D60 a year or so ago, I had an old, but excellent, Nikon P&S that I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with. Not worth anything in a trade-in at B&H (I’ve already asked), I shipped it off to him….and he’s knitting me an amazing, large, squishy Laminaria in exchange. Somehow, I think I totally win in this swap.
• Our new tent. And scheduling summer camping trips on our home-calendar.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I have some knitting to show y’all soon. And there is more test knitting going on and hopefully a new sock pattern for you, in the next few weeks.