Looking Up | March 26, 2010
March 26, 2010
This week has been a bit up and down in my world, and my head. Possible good things for the future. Stagnant current things still stagnant. Grumpiness with no real direct cause.
I am using today as a centering day. Trying to stop for a moment, breathe, and refocus. I feel like the past 7 days have caught me a bit in a whirlwind and I need to find my footing again.
Some things that I’m thinking about to help bring me back to a good place:
• The soon-to-be bookcase Kasy is building in the living room, and how that piece of furniture will make both of us so happy and excited. Our books are currently boxed in the basement, so it will be wonderful to unpack them and look at them all the time again.
• The need to organize my studio space in the basement. And for the first time really feeling the desire to get that space finished and organized, instead of feeling weighted by the chore-ness of it.
• Warming temperatures.
• Less movie watching and more working with my hands. Feeling less inclined to open the laptop when I get home from work and more inclined to turn the radio on and work on something instead.
• Meeting with dear Kasy about our touring gear and how it spawns conversations of bicycle touring, traveling, camping, and the great wide future.
• Open space and vast nature. It is heavily on my mind and will continue to be.
Have a lovely weekend, friends.